'Will Sharif be able to deliver on promise of better ties with India?'
New Delhi, May 14 - India has welcomed Nawaz Sharif's victory in Pakistan and his declaring that he would work for warmer ties with New Delhi, but experts caution that one should wait and see how he plans to deliver on his assurance, given his past role of playing consort to the Taliban.The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz - chief, who is poised to become Pakistan's prime minister for the third time, Monday said he would invite Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to his oath-taking ceremony and reaffirmed he would forge friendly ties with India.According...
Continue reading complete news story or see all news coverage from New Delhi
- Rina Dhaka brings local flavour to 'Style And The City'
- Hit pair doesn't guarantee success: Swati Reddy
- Dhanush to launch music label
- Indian cinema big on high-end fashion: Falguni and Shane Peacock
- Now sip beer in the ambience of a coffee shop