"All three victims are undergoing treatment and their condition is said to be stable."
New Delhi, April 16 - Three minor schoolgirls Wednesday received burn injuries on their private parts when they accidentally used acid in the washroom thinking it was water, police said. Their condition is said to be stable.

The incident took place in East Delhi's Seemapuri area.

The girls are students of Sarvodaya Vidyalaya and below eight years of age.

During school hours, the girls who are in different classes went to the washroom.

Finding no water in the washroom, they saw a can filled with some liquid and poured the liquid in mugs to use after attending the call of nature, police said.

The girls used the liquid to wash their private parts. Unfortunately, the liquid was acid and the girls received severe burn injuries on their private parts, hands and lower back, said a police official.

They started screaming and their teachers immediately rushed them to the Guru Teg Bahadur hospital.

All three victims are undergoing treatment and their condition is said to be stable.

Police were informed about the incident by hospital staff. The girls' family members said the school authorities were forcing them not to approach police. A case of negligence has been lodged against the school, the official said.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 DELHI (98341 views)
 NEW DELHI (71951 views)
 WHO (19101 views)
 FAMILY (14661 views)
 EAST DELHI (9591 views)
 HOSPITAL (9031 views)
 TREATMENT (6241 views)
 UGS (2871 views)
 GURU TEG BAHADUR HOSPITAL (2071 views)
 ACCIDENT (1721 views)
 GURU TEG BAHADUR (1585 views)
 BURN INJURIES (1351 views)
 VIDYALAYA (1111 views)
 NEGLIGENCE (921 views)
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002365488
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for India


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.