"Police said constable Jitendra, who was patrolling in the area, saw the woman fall and immediately ran up the stairs. He entered the room by breaking the window panes and brought the two minors safely out of the house."
New Delhi, April 19 - Two minor brothers were Saturday rescued by a Delhi Police constable from a creche that caught fire due to leakage of cooking gas.

The incident took place in west Delhi's Rohini area.

Anmol and Munesh, both four years of age, were trapped inside the house on the second floor when the fire started.

Sapna Seth, the owner of the creche, jumped from the second floor and fell on to the roof of a car parked below on the roadside. She was rushed to a hospital where she is recuperating.

Police said constable Jitendra, who was patrolling in the area, saw the woman fall and immediately ran up the stairs. He entered the room by breaking the window panes and brought the two minors safely out of the house.

Jitendra received some injury on his hands due to broken glass but the siblings are safe, said a police officer.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 DELHI (98321 views)
 NEW DELHI (71931 views)
 HOSPITAL (9031 views)
 DELHI POLICE (7731 views)
 ROHINI (5402 views)
 COOKING GAS (3641 views)
 SETH (1761 views)
 WEST DELHI (1801 views)
 POLICE CONSTABLE (1131 views)
 SAPNA (731 views)
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002368310
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for India


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.