"No one was injured in the incident. "
New Delhi, April 28 - At least 50 shanties were gutted in a fire that broke out uin a slum in a New Delhi area, official said Monday.

The blaze apparently started due to an electrical short circuit in a hut in a slum in the Chanakyapuri area Sunday late.

We received a call around 10 p.m., following which 16 fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was doused in an hour's time, said an official of Delhi Fire Service.

No one was injured in the incident.

Chanakyapuri is the diplomatic enclave in the capital.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 DELHI (97881 views)
 NEW DELHI (71831 views)
 APRIL (14601 views)
 BLAZE (4871 views)
 2 (1241 views)
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002370212
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for India


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.