"Five of the labourers died on the spot, while the teenager suffered burn injuries and was admitted to a hospital, police said."
Jaipur, May 14 - Five people were Wednesday electrocuted to death and a teenager was injured when they came into contact with a high-tension electric wire in Rajasthan's Bharatpur district, police said.

Two of the dead were women, while the injured was a 16-year-old boy.

The incident occurred in Azad Nagar. Six labourers were hired by the public health engineering department to repair a broken hand pump.

Police told IANS that the labourers were pulling out a heavy pipe from the borewell dug already for the hand pump, when they lost control and the pipe touched an overhead high tension wire.

Five of the labourers died on the spot, while the teenager suffered burn injuries and was admitted to a hospital, police said.

The state chief secretary has sought a detailed report into the incident.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002374156
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for India


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.