"The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained but, according to a watchman on the spot, an electrical short circuit could be the reason behind the blaze in which important documents and files kept in the office were burnt."
Gurgaon, May 25 - Important records related to elections were destroyed by a fire that broke out Sunday at the State Council of Education and Training (SCERT) office here, a fire officer said.

A fire broke out at SCERT office here on Alwar Road, close to Gurgaon Police Commissioner's office.

We got an information regarding the incident 3.45 p.m. and four fire tenders from the Bhim Nagar fire station were immediately pressed into service. Fourteen other fire tenders were also called from other stations of the city, fire officer Sukhbir Singh told IANS.

Eighteen fire tenders and nearly 50 fire fighters took more than an hour to control the blaze, he said.

The cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained but, according to a watchman on the spot, an electrical short circuit could be the reason behind the blaze in which important documents and files kept in the office were burnt.

The spacious record room on the first floor was full of important files, including election records, the fire officer added.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002376709
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for India


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.