Mumbai, June 16 - 12 years after Vipul Shah's directorial debut Aankhen, about a bunch of blind men undertaking a dare devilish bank heist, the film's producer Gaurang Doshi is all set to roll with the sequel. And this time Anees Bazmee will helm the project.
Doshi reportedly had a fall-out with Shah during the making of Aankhen. They parted acrimoniously and the sequel remained uncertain for all these years.
Interestingly Bazmee had a fall-out with Shah during the making of Singh Is Kinng.
Confirming this Bazmee said: Yes, Gaurang and I have met over 'Aankhen 2'. I am right now in Ahmedabad for a function. As soon as I return to Mumbai, we'll finalise the details.
The original film was top-lined by Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar, Sushmita Sen, Arjun Rampal, Paresh Rawal and Bipasha Basu.
Doshi said: Twelve years seems like a long time to sit on a sequel. But what to do? So much has happened since then. 'Aankhen 2' will have a completely new cast.
But I can assure you, the actors would be as exciting this time as they were in 'Aankhen'. God willing we'll make a stupendous success, he added.
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.