"The base houses foreign forces' vehicles and logistic and supply trucks."
Kabul, June 19 - At least three Taliban militants were killed and one injured when a US forces' supply base in Afghanistan was attacked by the gunmen, an official said.

Three Taliban armed with suicide jackets, rocket launchers and weapons raided a coalition base in bordering town of Torkham in the eastern province of Nangarhar, the official told Xinhua.

The trio was killed by security forces.

Following the attack, a Taliban spokesman claimed responsibility for the attack.

Shortly after the attack, the Jalalabad-Torkham highway, a key roadway for local and foreign troops and supply convoys, has been blocked.

The base houses foreign forces' vehicles and logistic and supply trucks.

In September and November last year, the Taliban stormed the same base, killing several security forces and destroying more than 80 trucks.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002382296
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for Asia


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.