"The boy was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead due to suffocation."
Thimphu, June 19 - A four-year-old boy in Bhutan's Paro district suffocated to death after his younger sister locked him accidentally inside a showcase while they were playing, police said.

The incident occurred earlier this week, the country's official newspaper Kuensel reported Thursday.

According to police, the children's mother was sleeping when the incident took place. Her husband had gone to town to withdraw money from an ATM.

The boy was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead due to suffocation.

Police have ruled out foul play.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 
PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002382357
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.

STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for Asia
 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.