"But later Aman told me that their passports have been returned and they are being shifted to some unknown destination, he said."
Shimla, June 19 - Expressing concern over the wellbeing of their kin, the families of three youths from Himachal Pradesh, who are among the 40 Indians abducted in Iraq, Thursday urged the Centre to ensure their safe return.
The men, who all belong to Kangra district, have not established contact with their families in India since last Sunday. The missing men - Aman Kumar, Inderjeet Singh and Sandeep Kumar - were working with Iraqi construction company Tariq-N-Hul.
My son informed me over phone last Sunday that he was kidnapped by the militants and was being taken to unknown place. Since then, I have no contact with my son, Pardeshi Ram, father of Inderjeet, told reporters.
Inderjeet belongs to Lanj area of the district and went to Iraq around nine months back.
Likewise, Sandeep's father Dilawar Singh, who hails from Dhameta town in Jwali area, said he has no contact with his son since Sunday.
Sandeep talked to me over the phone last Sunday and informed me that he was kidnapped. For the last four days, he has made no contact with anyone. My daughter-in-law has stopped taking food since then, he said.
He urged the Indian government to take immediate steps for the safe release of his son.
Aman's elder brother Raman Kumar said the last time he spoke to his brother was on Sunday when he was taken to an airport.
Aman told me that some unknown people first took away their passport and told them that they will be shifted to a safer place. Their documents are required to book tickets, Raman, who belongs to Passu village near Dharamsala town, said.
But later Aman told me that their passports have been returned and they are being shifted to some unknown destination, he said.
Meanwhile, the families met local MP Shanta Kumar and state Urban Development Minister Sudhir Sharma to plead for safe return of their kin.