"Evictions would be carried out on encroachments along the Bharalu, Mora Bharulu, Bahini and other water channels in the city, Gogoi said."
Guwahati, June 30 - The Assam government has decided to issue warnings to people living in 377 locations in Guwahati city and ask them to move out within two days, following the death of four people in landslides.
The Kamrup (Metro) district administration would make temporary arrangements for their stay after they move out of the locations, identified as landslide-prone areas.
Nine people, including two minor girls, were killed in the city last week after incessant rain led to landslides and other disasters in many areas.
Four people including the two girls were killed due to landslides, four were electrocuted and a youth was swept away in flash floods.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Sunday convened a meeting to discuss the flood scenario in Guwahati and asked the district administration to free all water channels from obstructions impeding the flow of water from the city.
Evictions would be carried out on encroachments along the Bharalu, Mora Bharulu, Bahini and other water channels in the city, Gogoi said.
Gogoi has asked officials to open a public grievance redressal cell in the Chief Minister's Office to receive complaints from people and give suggestions on how to tackle a crisis.