"A police officer said: Samples of food have been sent for tests at a laboratory."
New Delhi, July 3 - Twelve students of a government school here, aged between five and 12, were admitted to a hospital Thursday afternoon when they complained of stomach ache after their mid-day meal, police said.

Students of Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya in Patparganj area of east Delhi fell ill after eating 'Rajma Chawal' that was served to them.

They were rushed to Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital where they are being treated, a police officer said.

The children were brought to our hospital with complaints of stomach ache and vomiting. They had eaten Rajma Chawal offered to them at the school around 11.30 a.m., said a doctor.

The children were given injections and drip and their condition is stable now. We have kept them under observation, he added.

A police officer said: Samples of food have been sent for tests at a laboratory.

An inquiry has been initiated to check the reason of their illness, he added.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002385667
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for India


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.