"The children's mother and a six-year-old boy were hopsitalised in a critical condition"
Johannesburg, July 11 - Five people, including four children, died in two incidents of carbon monoxide poisoning here Thursday, authorities said.

In one incident, a two-month old girl, a four-year-old boy and another 12-year-old girl died after inhaling toxic fumes from a imbawula fire inside their house, Xinhua reported citing local media.

Imbawula is a makeshift coal stove made out of a large tin with holes in the side.

The children's mother and a six-year-old boy were hopsitalised in a critical condition

In a separate incident, a 26-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy were found dead in a shack in Diepsloot, Johannesburg. They had also used an imbawula in their home and died from inhaling carbon monoxide.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002387477
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for Africa


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.