" The company will replace the phone, the pillow and the mattress involved in the accident as Samsung takes product quality and customer safety very seriously, a company official told FOX 4."
New York, July 29 - In a bizarre accident, a 13-year-old girl found her Samsung Galaxy S4 burnt and melted under her pillow.

The north Texas girl kept the phone on charge and wedged her charging phone under her pillow.

Hours later, alarmed by a burning smell, she woke up and found her phone fried and pillow scorched, FOX 4 reported.

According to the girl's father, he suspects that the phone overheated, causing the battery to swell and start a fire.

In a reply, Samsung officials claimed the second-hand battery in the girl's Galaxy phone could have been part of the problem.

The company will replace the phone, the pillow and the mattress involved in the accident as Samsung takes product quality and customer safety very seriously, a company official told FOX 4.

Our user manuals warn customers that phones must have adequate ventilation and airflow and should not be covered with material such as bedding, Samsung said.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002391793
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for Americas


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.