" The country's oldest metro transit system has lately been plagued with frequent breakdowns resulting in disruptions of services."
Kolkata, Aug 21 - Sparks from a fan in an non-air conditioned coaches of the Kolkata Metro Thursday triggered panic among commuters and disrupted services for a while.

Commuters on the Kavi Subhas (southern fringes of the city) bound train noticed sparks emanating from one of the cabin fans and raised an alarm. The passengers were subsequently evacuated safely.

Train services were disrupted for a while before normal services resumed, said a Metro railway spokesperson.

The incident comes barely a month after smoke was detected in a non-AC rake due to overheating in July.

The country's oldest metro transit system has lately been plagued with frequent breakdowns resulting in disruptions of services.

Earlier, in June, hundreds of passengers had a harrowing time after a train in which they were travelling was trapped inside a tunnel following a technical snag.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002397830
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for India


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.