" About 81.75 per cent (3.02 lakh) were institutional births and remaining 18.25 percent (0.67 lakh) were domiciliary birth, the report added."
New Delhi, Aug 22 - The child sex ratio in the capital registered an increase from 886 females per 1,000 males in 2012 to 895 in 2013, the Delhi government said Friday.

The infant mortality rate in Delhi (per thousand live births) saw a marginal dip from 23.93 during 2012 to 22.37 during 2013, said a report on Registration of Births & Deaths.

The total numbers of births registered in the city during 2013 were 3.70 lakh as compared to 3.60 lakh during 2012 and 3.54 lakh during 2011, said a report prepared by the Directorate of Economics and Statistics for 2013.

Of 3.70 lakh total registered births, 1.95 lakh (52.8 percent) were male and 1.75 lakh (47.2 percent) were female, said the report.

About 81.75 per cent (3.02 lakh) were institutional births and remaining 18.25 percent (0.67 lakh) were domiciliary birth, the report added.

The total number of deaths reduced from 1.05 lakh in 2012 to 97,185 in 2013.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002398121
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for India


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.