A surge in terror attacks has been witnessed in the country since mid-May when the Taliban launched a rebel offensive against Afghan security forces and NATO-led troops stationed in the country."
Kabul, Aug 25 - Six foreign security personnel and an Afghan translator were injured in a suicide bombing on a military convoy in Afghanistan Sunday, an official said.
At around 3 p.m. Sunday, a militant rammed his car bomb into a convoy of foreign soldiers in Jalalabad city in eastern Nangarhar province. The blast wounded six troops and their local translator, Xinhua quoted provincial government spokesman Ahmad Zia Abdulzai as saying.
One military vehicle was also destroyed in the attack. However, the nationality of the injured remains unknown.
A witness however told local media that the targeted convoy belonged to the American forces.
Following the attack, purported Taliban spokesman, Zabiullah Mujahid, claimed responsibility for the attack.
Earlier in the day, three people were killed in a bomb blast that rocked a prison in southern Afghanistan's Zabul province.
Also, several Afghan army soldiers and civilians were wounded in a roadside bombing in eastern part of Kabul.
A surge in terror attacks has been witnessed in the country since mid-May when the Taliban launched a rebel offensive against Afghan security forces and NATO-led troops stationed in the country.
The Taliban insurgent group has launched several massive attacks over the past months to gain land as the Afghan forces are struggling to take over the security responsibilities from NATO-led troops by the end of this year.