" Police officials said the NIA has failed to file chargesheet against five suspects - Tahseen Akhtar, Mohammed Raju, Anil Pandey, Abu Faisal and Aslam Perwez in the special court last week."
Patna, Aug 26 - A special court in Bihar has ordered the release of two suspects in the October 2013 Patna serial blasts as the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has failed to file a chargesheet against them, police said Tuesday.

The court has ordered to immediately release two suspects - Mohammed Raju and Anil Pandey from Beur jail in Patna, a police official said here.

Both Raju and Pandey were arrested from Raipur in Chattishgarh after the Patna blasts.

Both would be released from the jail either Tuesday or Wednesday, police said.

Police officials said the NIA has failed to file chargesheet against five suspects - Tahseen Akhtar, Mohammed Raju, Anil Pandey, Abu Faisal and Aslam Perwez in the special court last week.

At least six people were killed and scores injured when bombs exploded near Gandhi Maidan ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Lok Sabha election rally last year.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002398891
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for India


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.