" The doctors who examined the children did not find any sign of poison in their bodies."
Patna, Sep 2 - Six children in a government school in Bihar fell ill Tuesday after eating their mid-day meal in which a dead lizard was later found, an official said.

The children were admitted to a government hospital in Begusarai district and are said to be out of danger, a district official said.

The students complained of uneasiness after eating the meal at the Pidhauli middle school. Soon after, some children informed the school authorities that a dead lizard was found in the food.

Samples of the meal were collected by police.

The doctors who examined the children did not find any sign of poison in their bodies.

In the last eight months, dead lizards have been found in the mid-day meal at nearly a dozen schools across the state and dozens of children have fallen ill.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:2535002400725
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for India


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.