"Police said the victims used to take cough syrup for intoxication."
Islamabad, Nov 25 - At least 10 people have died in Pakistan's Lahore metropolis after they drank a toxic cough syrup bought from two local medical stores.

The deaths occurred in Shahdara Town area, Geo News reported Sunday.

Police said at least 16 people bought the medicine from the two shops. Their condition deteriorated after they drank the medicine, and they had to be rushed to hospital.

Ten people died and the remaining six are under treatment.

Police said the victims used to take cough syrup for intoxication.

The owners of the medical stores have been taken into custody, and the toxic syrup sample sent to a laboratory for tests.


comments powered by Disqus
Read more on:
 ISLAMABAD (45547 views)
 PAKISTAN (38546 views)
 METRO (27504 views)
 LAHORE (12261 views)
 HOSPITAL (9031 views)
 10 (8601 views)
 TREATMENT (6241 views)
 TERI (6581 views)
 LABORATORY (5071 views)
 METROPOLIS (4737 views)
 MEDICINE (4691 views)
 BORAT (3178 views)
 GEO NEWS (2611 views)
 MAB (2481 views)
 SHAH (2541 views)
 SHAHDARA (1870 views)
 

PERMALINK

http://www.nerve.in/news:253500472954
You can quote the permanent link above for a direct link to the story. We do not archive or expire our news stories.


STORY OPTIONS
  Email this story to a friend
  XML feed for Asia


 
COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
All rights reserved for news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.
Contact Nerve Staff for any feedback, corrections and omissions in news stories.
 

All rights reserved for the news content. Reproduction, storage or redistribution of Nerve content and articles in any medium is strictly prohibited.